ZLink links the Cambridge Computer Z88 portable with RISC OS computers. It requires a serial lead and the Z88 PC Link Rom to work.
ZLink is adapted from a program which was originally written for the BBC micro so:
- It does not operate within a RISC OS window.
- It requires the 6502Tube emulator to work. This is supplied on the Acorn welcome disc for RISC OS 3.1 and earlier. ZLink looks for this in the modules directory of !System.
© John Allen 1991.
This application is Freeware and is supplied on the understanding that:
- The source code is not altered in any way
- Any copies made contain all of the files in the directory
- It is not sold for a profit
- It is not included on any disc costing more than £2 or any CD Rom costing more than £20 without my prior permission
Please contact me before adding it to a PD library so that I can supply an up to date version.
The lead to connect the two machines should be wired as follows:
RISC OS Z88 9-pin female D 9-pin male D
2 ------------ 2 3 ------------ 3 5 ------------ 7 7 ------------ 5 6 ------------ 4
On the RISC OS computer plug pins 1, 4 and 8 should be connected together and on the Z88 plug pins 8 and 9 need to be connected together.
Connect the Archimedes to the Z88 and start the link program on the Z88 by keying L (the square key followed by 'L'). Double click on the ZLink icon and follow the instructions. Use the cursor keys to move between options and 'Return' to select an option. 'Escape' will generally drop back to the previous menu.
Z88Link is a desktop transfer utility for connection between the Z88 and Risc OS computers written by the same author. It does not require the PC Link Rom.