Original test version, did encoding and decoding via outside applications, requiring heavy use of scrap files.
First proper release.
- Now has inbuilt encode and decode ability, making it faster and reducing use of scrap files, also allowed internal control of errors due to bad files.
- Added file type conversion for .tif plus put in .txt and .uue, both of which I have seen as uuencode files, mad but people do it.
- Fixed bug which meant that "/" was not being converted to "." for PC files, overlooked in installation of encode and decode ability in vers 1.00.
- Fixed bug which in some circumstances allowed the user to drag a file back onto the application when saving.
- Replaced internal lookup table of filetypes to sprite names with proper conversion routine.
- Added RISC OS filetype after the 'end' line, except when the file being coded has a PC file extension.
- Checks for a RISC OS filetype line after the 'end' line. If there is one it will type the decoded file accordingly. This is inhibited if there is a PC file extension in the coded file.
- Added .gz and .tar to the PC file extension lookup table.
- Added support for Interactive Help.
- Recoded loading from another application for efficiency and compactness. Should be transparent in use.
- Separated sprites into two files so that local sprites will not clog up the wimp shared pool.
- Added .arj, .bmp, .doc, .pcx and .wav to the PC file lookup table.
- Now deletes its work files from the scrap directory if it is unable to decode the file.
- Help file rewritten to make it clearer.
- Added proper check that Wimp$ScrapDir exists when loading.
- Changed code so that clicking on the UUcoder icon will always bring the main window to the top of the stack, even if already open.
- Corrected the coding for bringing the window to the top of the stack.
- Tidied the window templates to look better on the Risc PC.
- Added Mode 22 sprite files.
- Added .pc1, .pc2, .pc3, .pi1, .pi2, .pi3, .img, .iff, lzh, lha, .mod, .med, .mmd, .csv, .dxf to the PC file lookup table.
- Modified PC file lookup table so that .tar point to RISC OS filetype &C46.
- Now allows 62-character lines to be decoded as well (previously only 61 characters).
- Tightened up the code which looks for the start of uuencoded follow on parts.
- Added ability to double click decoded files to load them into an appropriate apllication.
- Added ability to split files after uuencoding them.
- Moved all error and interactive help messages to a Messages file.
- Added interactive help to the menu.
- Changed conditions for identifying end of a part to decode so that "--" is not used.
- corrected silly bug which stopped multiparts being created.
- Added more returns to the wimp during processing to allow better integration with other applications and update display more quickly.
- Removed file deletion at the end of double clicking so that applications such as !Spark which don't take possession of the file can still act on it.
- Added check message if there is unsafe data when the desktop is closing.
- Made sure all scrap files are deleted when desktop closes.
- Moved file extension to filetype mapping to an external file rather than being 'hard wired'.
- Added new option in Choices dialogue box to retain the file extension of decoded files.
- Now checks the machines DOSMap settings ands them to the translation table. (Thanks to Michael Barnes for the idea).
- Greatly expanded Mapping file (Thanks to Vincent Lefevre) some extra sprites added, but no longer a complete collection.
- Correctly responds if no DOSMap settings exist.
- Combines and decodes messages downloaded on a PC where lines end with (CR)(LF).
- New test for start of section means that the header no longer has to be present.
- No longer fails if the DosMap command does not exist, e.g. if the DOSFS module has been killed.
- Now automatically checks for base64 data when decoding a file which does not contain uucode. Only decodes single base64 files.
- Treats , as a terminator in file names.
- Allows Content-Type lines to be up to 255 characters long.
- Added ability to take uucode and base64 file type from hex after file name as coded by ANT.
- Added intro line and changed end line when encoding.
- More tolerant for bad uucode with wrong termination.
- Added check for file name in "Content-Disposition" line of Base64 messages.
- Unpacks multiple uuencoded or base64 files contained in a single message or (if uuencoded) split across a series of messages.
- Now checks whether you can read and write to the Scrapfile.
- Checks regularly to see the UUcoder Scrap directory exists and reinstates it if it has been deleted.
- Sends the proper "data unsafe" message when accepting files from other applications.
- Clears down when files are double clicked into applications, previously did not work correctly with Edit, Spark etc.
- Does not allow invalid characters to be carried through in decoded file names - " &@%*#\^$:|,"" are all replaced by "_".
- Added Help entry to menu - loads help file into editor.
- Now sorts out filetype from Argonet coded files as well as those from ANT, UUcoder and PC extensions.
- Handles base64 files where lines end (CR)(LF) e.g. as downloaded via a PC.
- Fixed bug (in Acorn C Library) which did not allow filenames of output files to be over 11 characters long.
- Added Windows Meta Files (.wmf) to the filetype mappings and supplied an appropriate sprite.
- Now copes with a full scrap directory (as might be caused when decoding many files in one session).
- Produces the filetype specification on coding in a form compatible with Argonet (but still reads type from earlier versions of UUcoder). This filetype form will also be read by UUcoder version 1.22.
- Changed filetype detection priority so that priority is given in the following order: UUcoder/Argonet filetyping, Marcel description, PC file extension.
- Spacebar with a decoded file is the same as double clicking on file icon.
- Made scrap file names more obscure.
- Tightened file extension to filetype algorithm to ensure exact match.
- Cancel icon now works correctly when decoding base64 files.
- Corrected save code so that editing file name does not sometimes save as '>'.
- Corrected bug which deleted scrapfile when transfering from base64 decoder to other applications, before the other application had time to load it!
- Reinstated the checking for illegal characters which did not work correctly in 1.23 (was truncated when invalid rather than replaced).
- Added Links dialogue box to allow access to UUcoder WWW pages.
- Fixed interactive help which was not working correctly on menus.
- Tidied up window and dialogue box templates.
- Corrected references to bramber.demon web site to point at current site at johnallen.org.uk
- Changed coding the reads Dosmap settings to remain compatible with the Pace Shared C Library
- Corrected web references to new URL johnallen.com
- Fixed coding to split files under new Shared C Library